With the busyness of life, it’s easy for accidents to happen. When children are involved, it’s common for those accidents to be fruit juice stains! Fruit Juice can be one of the trickiest stains to remove. If the stain sets, it may be permanent. If you attempt to scrub and remove the stain yourself, it sets more and can be even more difficult to remove and may become permanent.
The safest option is to contact a professional cleaning company to help with the stain. However, if you want to remove it, this process might help!
- When it comes to fruit juice stains, it’s important to act quickly while the stain is still wet. Once the stain dries it becomes difficult to remove. Grab some paper towels and blot the stain to remove all of the fruit juice – Don’t scrub!
- Take 2 cups of warm water and mix it with 1 tablespoon of liquid dishwasher soap with ½ a cup of distilled white vinegar.
- Add the mixture to the fruit juice stain and take a clean cloth and begin blotting the stain starting from the outside, slowly making your way to the center.
- If stain remains repeat that process.
- When the stain is removed allow the carpet to air dry away from direct heat and vacuum the carpet to lift the fibers.
To remove fruit juice stains from furniture or car upholstery use the same cleaning solution techniques as you did for carpet. However, with upholstery it’s common for watermarks to form. To prevent this from happening, point a fan directly on the cleaned stain and allow it to dry from the fan.
The best way to ensure a stain will be properly removed is by contacting a professional. At Chem-Dry of North County we specialize in removing difficult stains!
For a free quote contact us today at 760-741-9110.